What we require of
Only Norland Nannies who have trained atand qualified with the Norland Diploma can apply for positions through Norland Agency.
In order to ensure all of the Norland Nannies we are working with are maintaining the highest standards of care that we expect at Norland, the Agency also requires that they have the following:
- A valid (DBS - formerly known as a CRB) Certificate. This must be updated at least every three years or registered with the update service.
- A 12 hour Paediatric First Aid Certificate, updated in the last 3 years, must be on file / completed prior to the nanny starting a position.
- Why 12 hours? Unlike many other nanny agencies, who usually only require a 6 hour course, Norland Agency requires attendance on a 12 hour paediatric course. Norland is a strong supporter of campaigns such as which aim to raise the standards of care provided to all children in a home environment. All registered Childminders, Early Years Practitioners in nurseries and Foundation Stage Teachers are required to complete a 12 hour First Aid course in order to practice.
- An up to date CV and a minimum of 2 recent childcare references which are verified by the Agency.
- In addition, we strongly advise Norland Nannies to undertake at least 15 hours a year of regular Continuing Professional Development (CPD) to ensure that they are keeping their knowledge and skills up to date in line with current best practice and latest Early Years research. To support this, Norland runs several CPD courses a year, exclusively for Norlanders.