We offer a personalised service with over 130 years of experience
Norland Agency is the only nanny agency to exclusively place Norland Nannies and Norland Maternity Nurses, that is, nannies who successfully complete their training at Norland. We have been placing nannies in London, across the UK and overseas since 1892.
We work with you every step of the way to find your perfect Norland Nanny or Norland Maternity Practitioner, from discussing your childcare needs as soon as you register to supporting you in the interview process and negotiating contracts on your behalf.
Our size means we can get to know the Norland Nannies who train at the college and also keep track of their employment history. You can rest assured that all of our candidates have successfully completed all of their training at Norland.
We know from experience that understanding your needs, and knowing our nannies individually, puts us in the best position to find the perfect nanny or maternity nurse for your family.Start your search today
Read Norlanders' stories
We promise a high level of customer service
Norland Agency prides itself on the high level of customer service we offer our clients. Our promise to you, as a client, is…
- We will only ever work with nannies that have graduated from Norland. This means that all of the nannies we work with are qualified to a minimum of level 3 in Early Years and have a Norland Diploma
- Before we send you any CVs we will check that the nanny has a current DBS check (Disclosure and Barring service – formerly CRB) updated in the last three years and a minimum of two recent references (which are verified by us)
- All Norland Nannies placed through Norland Agency will have an up to date 12 hour Paediatric First Aid Certificate completed within the last three years, prior to starting with your family
- We will always be honest with you in relation to the demand for Norland Nannies and keep you regularly updated while we search for a nanny for you
- We will only advertise a position once you have seen, and are happy with, the advert
- We will keep you updated and provide you with timely feedback about interest in your position. We will share interview feedback with you to ensure that both you and the nanny are kept well informed
- We will support you throughout the process of looking for a nanny and after placement
- If you are employing a nanny in the UK, we will supply you with a draft contract. We will work with you to negotiate terms offering support and guidance wherever possible.
- We will always actively encourage our nannies to keep themselves up to date with regular CPD (Continuing Professional Development)
Meet the Norland Agency team
Julia Gaskell - Head of Careers and ConsultancyRead full bio
Alison Deft - Recruitment and Alumni ManagerRead full bio
Hannah Cowler - Permanent Recruitment ConsultantRead full bio
Elizabeth Creevy - Recruitment CoordinatorRead full bio
Sally-Anne Gardener-Wollen - Temporary and Part-time Recruitment ConsultantRead full bio
Sallyann Slade - Permanent Recruitment ConsultantRead full bio
Caprice Swingler - Recruitment CoordinatorRead full bio
Rhys Williams - Overseas Recruitment ConsultantRead full bio
Norland Agency policies and procedures
The Norland Code of Professional Responsibilities
All Norlanders, Newly Qualified Nannies (NQNs) and Norland students must adhere to the Norland Code of Professional Responsibilities.Read the Code
Disciplinary Procedure - Breach of the Norland Code of Professional Responsibilities
This document applies to Norlanders and Newly Qualified Nannies (NQNs).View procedure
Complaints Procedure for External Stakeholders
This document sets out our complaints procedure for Agency and Newly Qualified Nanny (NQN) clients.View procedure
Cause for Action Procedure
This document outlines the process of our Cause for Action procedure.View document
Norland Agency data protection
Norland Agency and Newly Qualified Nanny (NQN) Privacy Notice
This notice provides information about how Norland Agency processes personal information (data) as part of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).View notice
Charitable work with the Twins Trust
The Twins Trust (previously Tamba) is the UK’s leading multiples charity offering advice and support for families with twins, triplets or more.
In March 2012, Norland Agency was approached by the charity to see if we could offer any assistance to a father of eight-day old triplets whose wife had tragically died following the children’s birth. Norland Agency contacted all Norland Nannies to ask for offers of support for this family. The Agency was overwhelmed by the response and quickly put together a timetable of support. Norland Nannies were able to cover the first 4 weeks of the babies’ return from hospital. Many of the nannies who care for the children have remained in contact with the family and receive regular updates about the triplets’ progress.
In March 2014, we started working formally with Twins Trust to establish the Crisis Support (previously Helping Hands) service, offering families with multiples in crisis free support from qualified Norland nannies how offer their services on a voluntary basis. The service won the Community Support award at the 2017 Nursery World Awards. By 2020, Norland Nannies had voluntarily provided over 3,000 hours of practical support for families through Crisis Support. They’ve supported families facing bereavement, illness (including terminal conditions), severe postnatal depression, mental health issues, feeding and weaning problems, triplets with additional needs, quads, sleep and routine issues. Find out about supporting the Crisis Support appealApply for support from Crisis Support
Testimonials from families helped by Crisis Support
“Gave me confidence and hope”
“This was life changing for me, my husband and my twins”
“Provided our family with much needed support at a time when we were at our lowest”
“Most incredible service”
“Absolutely invaluable help”
“A nanny arrived from the Tamba charity. As soon as she walked into the house peace was restored, the babies stopped crying and order was made out of chaos. It was like a twenty-first century Mary Poppins! The nanny stayed for three days, working from 8:30am until about 9:00pm. My sister-in-law accepted the help and was really on the receiving end of an intensive ‘Norland’ nannying course. Now she knows exactly how to look after the babies to a very high standard. Their mum had trouble accepting health authority professionals such as health visitors and child health specialists: however, she had no problem at all with the nanny due to her tact, discretion and professionalism. I was deeply touched when I considered that the same type of nanny who is employed by the Royal Family was helping my sister in law to look after our special babies. Thank you so much for sorting us out: I don’t know what would have happened without your valuable help and expertise. (All women should do a three-year course in childcare at Norland before embarking on motherhood!)”